Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Quilting Adventure



My daughter-in-law, Amanda turned me on to a shop in Thompson Falls Montana, that rents a quilting machine for the day for $60. So on tuesday, I rented the machine 1 1/2 + hour drive and over the hill I went. I took two quilts, and sure enough, I was able to quilt both quilts. I can tell you, they are not SHOW QUALITY. But, they turned out AWESOME, and I am very happy to be finishing them, and then give them away.


The machine was easy to operate, and the owner "Char," was there every step. I am so thankful. I will plan another trip over there, next month and take two more quilt tops.





Oh, and all her material was 40% off. So I was able to find material for the backs of my next quilts!!! A great day in all.






2 comments:

  1. Hey, I've got 4 or 5 quilt tops sitting around waiting to be quilted. Maybe I need to send them to you. I can afford $30 per quilt - but that doesn't include your labor. Ha, ha. Maybe I'll check to see if there is something like that around here. Was it hard? Email me with more details, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to call you!, Lance has been working nights and my sleep patterns were so off. But I am so glad to see the photos! What FUN! I am so jealous and the quilts look beautiful. I would love to see them after you put the binding on. You've inspired me to start quilting again.

    ReplyDelete