Saturday, December 18, 2010

The week before Christmas

Well, one week to Christmas. And the House is all a-glow.
The lights have been hung with care, and LADDERS, and GLOVES, and BEANIES, and WINTER GEAR.
The SHOPPING, is FINISHED, (pretty much), With LOVE and CARE, with GLOVES, BEANIES, and WINTER GEAR,
The CAR adorned with WINTER STUDDED TIRES, has done its job, TOO.

I had noticed we had one headlight burned out on the car, so, off to the local car part store to buy one headlight for $10. I asked the attendant if I needed any special tools to replace it? He said not really and he walked me to the car and INSTALLED IT .....NO CHARGE!!!!!
I love living in a small community!!!!

So, the next day, my dishwasher quit working. We drained it manually,twice, looked into it and decided that a 9 year old dishwasher, needing repairs, could cost up to $200 for service charge and parts...............So off to the local appliance store, to pick a new one out.......Within the BUDGET......$300.
They had about 15 dishwashers, and the salesman was very patient with me.... After about 20 minutes of opening many of them..... I opened one and I said "this looks just like the one I have at home now, which we bought from your store 9 years ago." The salesman said that in that model, usually only one part ever gives out! He explained that I needed to take off 4 screws, remove the old part, insert the new part, and WHA--LAA, it should work...
I paid him for the part $ 15, and JIGGEDEE-JIGGED my way home.. 15 minutes later, I fired up the old dishwasher, and she performed and beautiful WASH, RINSE & DRY CYCLE.
I enjoy living in a small community.

I waited for Don to come home, and tell him about the $700(ha-ha) dishwasher, that I had fallen in love with, that came with all the BELLS & WHISTLES..... He was almost speechless... okay he was very speechless..... I could not torture him anymore,, and then explained to him that I was able to fix the current dishwasher, and had just saved him LOTS OF MONEY..
See there is a reason that my current title is.. HIS DOMESTIC GODDESS.

3 comments:

  1. How funny. Did you pocket all the $$$$$ you saved him???????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with mom = he should at least have given you the remaining $685. Or you could have bargained for a $200 splurge on something! Cute post.

    ReplyDelete